Me at the Pen 2010

Me at the Pen 2010
© PEN American Center/Susan Horgan. All rights reserved. Please contact media@pen.org for usage and rights.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Roxbury Story

Q: I read in your bio that you grew up in Roxbury. I'm from there too and I'm just wondering if you ever plan to set a story in Roxbury or Massachusetts.

A: Boston was a long time ago . . . I left when I was in the fourth grade, but if I ever do write my life story that period will be one of the main focuses. Lots of good memories. My personality was formed there. My characteristic quirks were all born there. My feelings for the preservation of our planet were born there. Some sections of "Every Boy Should Have a Man" came directly form my adventures there. So yeah, I plan to write that story. The protagonist will be a kid of 6 to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment