Me at the Pen 2010

Me at the Pen 2010
© PEN American Center/Susan Horgan. All rights reserved. Please contact media@pen.org for usage and rights.

Friday, June 7, 2013

More Speculative Fiction from Preston L. Allen

Q: Is this your first foray into the world of fantasy and speculative fiction?


A: Yes. No. Well, sort of but not exactly. I have a story called "I Am Dragon" in the Blue Christmas anthology (B and B Press, 2011) edited by John Dufresne, a short story "Maggot Pit" that I've had for years, a novel called Whiteface. I grew up on Bradbury's work, and Asimov's, Ellison's, and Ursula K's. I'll post a link (eventually) to "I Am Dragon" so you can check it out. Tell me whether it is speculative fiction or just a straight up piece of crime fiction. I think my work is headed in that direction. It allows me to preach my sermons in a deceptive tongue--sort of "a lie that tells the truth" as Dufresne put it. So yeah. Look for more speculative fiction to come from my pen.

Thanks, Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment